Motherwell Bridge Industries carries out repairs on container vessels, industrial vessels and barges. We base our highly qualified technicians at Malta Freeport Terminals for rapid incident response.
Our team provides a holistic range of ship repair and services.
- Hydraulic repair on pumps and motors, hoses, valves and seal replacement
- Engine repair which covers fault finding and general repair and maintenance
- Electrical repair on generators, control panels and fault finding
- Structural repair which includes welding work on cell guides, hatch covers and the hull
- Replacement and machining of bushes and shaft
- Non-destructive testing
On-land repair and maintenance of machinery and heavy duty equipment including rubber-tyred gantry cranes, gantry cranes, tug masters, reach stackers, and spreaders is as important as ship repair to guarantee full functionality of port equipment during stevedoring containers and to increase its operational efficiency.
Our teams are entrusted with a variety of servicing requirements.
- Engine replacement, overhaul, service and diagnostic
- Replacement of wire ropes, sheaves and guards
- Glass work
- Replacement of gearboxes,crane cabins and wheel tyres
- Painting, power washing and lubrication
- Alignment of spreaders
In 2011 the port throughput for Malta’s sea terminals was ranked among the top 10 in Europe. This makes our work in providing a daily professional service all the more crucial and challenging.
Our teams are entrusted with maintenance of port cranes.
Motherwell Bridge Industries performs routine maintenance on quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes, automatic stacking cranes, empty handlers and other equipment, including service and repairs on terminal tugs.
A 24-hour on-call service is available in case of emergency structural breakdown repairs. Teams also provide mechanical and electrical emergency repair services for ships berthed in Malta’s harbours.